Jump

A Shounen ai Gundam Wing Fanfiction by Tan


::Warning:: Weak, weak plot, fluff, PWP and OOC. Any Japanese terms I've used here are from other fanfictions that I've read-- I only assume that the spelling, and context, are right... this is one of those unrealistic fics-- no real place in the GW timeline for it, etc... This is really bad...

::Summary:: 4x3... Quatre wants to jump, but stops.



So soft.

Quatre sighed gently, and nuzzled closer to the sweet, clean smelling fabric.

I never knew the sofa could smell so nice, he mused sleepily.

The Chibi Trowas from his dream still danced against his eyelids, and they all had beautiful forest green eyes that twinkled at him...

Kawaii......

The sofa moved slightly, shifting beneath his head. A small frown wrinkled Quatre's fair brows.

Since when did the couch move? He puzzled. Now he noticed that it was also moving up, and down, up and down rhythmically. The frown deepened.

Why... Finally he opened sleep filled crystal eyes. His body felt a little cramped-- legs drawn up to his chest, curled in a ball leaning against what he thought was the side of the sofa.

What happened to the movie? He wondered, spying the television-- some infomercial was on now-- about the Food Saverr

The sofa shifted again, and Quatre swung his head around in surprise.

A soft, blue green turtle neck greeted his rapidly blinking gaze. He moved his eyes over slightly, and found an arm.... a shoulder.... the back of a head full of short brown hair, and the curve of a delicate ear--

Trowa?! Quatre panicked, and pulled away with a magnificent blush on his fair cheeks.

What if he wakes up I'd better get away but oh he smelled so nice

In his rush to push away Quatre landed on the other person on the sofa-- Duo. He'd been sprawled out on his side as much as the cushions allowed, and now Quatre squashed him, and awoke the sleeping motor-mouth.

"Uhhhhh whasssup mm-morning already we just went to bed--." As he tried to pull himself out of the space between Duo's body and the back of the couch, Quatre's face turned crimson. He let out a short, embarrassed, and muffled cry as Duo's braid fell into his face.

"Hey Quatre buddy. How'd you get there?" Duo removed the heavy braid and grinned down at him, eyes still closed.

Quatre mumbled something unintelligible and scooted out of the cushions finally. Duo settled back down, and Quatre stood fussing in the middle of the den. No one else had woken up in the commotion. Quatre smiled softly. How on earth did everyone get like that?

Duo was sleeping like a rock by now, his arms flung out every which way. Heero was sleeping right beside him on the floor, curled on his side. He found Wufei in the loveseat, sprawled almost exactly like Duo, face slackened from it's normal everyday mien.

And Trowa. Dear sweet silent Trowa. He was curled up comfortably, his head resting against the back of the couch and a folded pillow. Quatre risked tiptoeing closer...

He's beautiful, his mind whispered. So calm... But then again he's always calm, cool. Like Heero in some ways.... Some....

Trowa's head snuggled against the pillow suddenly, and he breathed deeply. Quatre moved away quickly and went out into the quiet hall, thinking.

I'm glad they decided to stay here, he thought, trudging up the stairs to the bedrooms. I would have been lonely... Even with Rashid, and my sisters dropping by every now and then, I would still miss them. Especially Trowa....

The pilot's name produced butterflies in his stomach, and images of Trowa's profile, a sleeping Trowa, grinning Trowa, ran through his mind... None of the reflections were the full, open faced Trowa though. Quatre could only study the introvert thoroughly from a distance-- otherwise Quatre made quick, furtive glances, wishing for more, wishing to just stare and stare into liquid green eyes forever.

I'm being poetic, he mused, pulling a towel from the hall linen closet. The bathroom tile was cold beneath his feet and he danced around a moment before placing the towel neatly on the sink.

I wonder why I like him so much. He flushed foolishly. I *know* why I like him-- he's kind, funny, smart, fast... Has a nice body and eyes... But why do I have to like a boy-- so much?

He turned on the shower faucet. The water burst out nice and steaming hot. He undressed, folded his clothes neatly before putting them in the clothes hamper, and stepped into the shower. Everything melted away beneath sharp streams. Worries, itchy eyes, sore muscles from sleeping so awkwardly... Even Trowa's scent and eyes faded a little....



Quatre emerged cleansed and refreshed and listening for signs of the other's waking. Nothing. I know I fell asleep before they did, but just how late did they stay up? He shook his slicked back head and walked down to his room. Pale blue carpet greeted him, and a Navy blue neatly made bed. As always, the sight of it made him want to take a flying leap onto it, messing up all the pillows and sheets.

But he didn't jump-- instead he towel dried his hair and dressed, pulling on tan khakis and a loose white dress shirt that he tucked in accordingly. Over it he tugged on a simple blue vest that Iria had bought him a while ago. She'd told him it brought out his eyes-- then she'd proceeded to pinch his cheeks and nose, cooing something about how cutesy wootsey her little baby brother was...

He picked up the hair brush and brushed his pale hair into some semblance of neatness. Duo always kidded him about how neat he looked.

'Man, If I looked that neat and innocent all the time I wouldn't have to use my charm so much.'

And Wufei, who could never resist a dig on the playful pilot, had replied with a smirk.

'What charm?' The tussle that followed had brought Duo to the ground with Wufei sitting on his back triumphantly.

Quatre laughed softly at the memory and shook his head to settle the now soft and dry wisps of his hair. There were sounds of movement downstairs. Confirmation of the other's awakening was brought on by a slight thud, and Duo giggling madly at a muffled, but clearly audible, "omae o korosu."

Quatre scurried into the hall and made quick with the steps. He loved to greet his friends in the morning-- they always looked so funny with hair askew and faces reminiscing of dreams.

"Where's Quatre?!" Duo demanded loudly.

"Get off of me baka," Heero answered. Quatre walked in to see Duo sitting on Heero's hip. The later was surprisingly just lying there and not killing the poor boy.

I knew it, Quatre thought smugly. He *doesn't* want to kill Duo. Quatre however had to correct his assumption as Heero began rooting around for a gun in his spandex...

Wufei skirted the inseparable pair and Quatre pulled an easy smile.

"Good Morning Wufei." Wufei nodded, not impolitely, and passed by.

Duo's head whipped around like a shot. Quatre's smile twitched at the suspiciously maniacal grin he was given.

"Good Morning Duo," Quatre offered with trepidation. Duo jumped up from Heero and pounced on Quatre. He wrapped an arm around the smaller boy's neck and pulled him close.

"Noogie!!" Duo cheered. Quatre struggled against sinewy strength as Duo rubbed sharp knuckles rapidly across his skull. The attack ended as quickly as it had begun, and Duo went to find out where Wufei had gone. Quatre pitied the Chinese pilot-- Duo *loved* to pounce on him.

Rubbing his head he noticed Trowa was still asleep-- Even after all that?

"Good Morning Heero," he declared as Heero passed.

"Hn."

Oh good, Quatre mused. I got the *nice* 'hn' today.

He focused again on Trowa's sleeping form. He was shocked to feel the incredible urge to run and jump on him. He was flabbergasted.

He'd *kill* me-- even faster than Heero would Duo! He looks too peaceful, he thought decisively. I would never wake him up that way. He advanced into the room slowly, and approached Trowa.

Wakey wakey, he joked, placing a gentle hand on Trowa's shoulder.

"Trowa," Quatre whispered, wanting to wake him as gently as possible. He tugged gently at Trowa's turtleneck. No response. Quatre was having doubts. Maybe I shouldn't wake him up... He deserves to sleep. Quatre's hand absently fingered the soft green material and he pulled away. Trowa bolted up suddenly, and Quatre jumped back, heart halfway up his throat.

"I'm sorry!" He blurted. Trowa's gaze lifted to Quatre's face. Quatre fought against the rising warmth in his cheeks. He looks so cute when he's tired, his mind awed. Trowa blinked sleepily and rubbed a hand against his neck, grimacing. I'd massage it for him-- really I would-- but would he let me? Quatre pushed down the urge and clasped his hands behind his back, smiling heartily.

"Good Morning Trowa." Trowa was still staring at him. Smile wavering, Quatre walked over to the windows. He felt Trowa's gaze on his back, and tried to focus on not tripping or doing something equally embarrassing. Pulling back the heavy beige curtains, he sighed at the beautiful morning.

It was raining.

Still beautiful, though, He hummed. Got my friends, got a shower...

"There's a mission."

His shoulders slumped slightly. Got a mission... "Beauuuutiful day," he sighed.

"What?"

He jumped at the closeness of the voice. Turning he found Trowa standing just behind him, looking out the window, and shockingly close. Quatre caught his breath and felt that urge to dive again... This time for a kiss....

He moved away abruptly, and hurried after Wufei. They entered the kitchen to find Heero rapping loudly on his laptop, and Duo hanging on his shoulder, hitting the back of Heero's head with his braid occassionally. After a minute of that Heero reached up and pulled. Duo screeched and backed away from Heero, sniffling pitifully.

"Duo, help me with breakfast?" Quatre interrupted. Duo looked up and pounced on Quatre again. No 'noogie' this time fortunately.

"Sure."

While Duo pulled out the necessary ingredients for omelets, Quatre pulled on an apron, and grinned cheekily at Duo when he started to giggle.

"Very stylish," he kidded. Quatre's face bloomed red and Trowa entered smoothly.

"Baka," Heero graveled, never looking up from his laptop screen. Duo waved a hand dismissively and pulled out a frying pan. Quatre gently took it from him. The last thing we need is another kitchen fire, he thought amusedly. Duo nodded and attacked the eggs.

"Sabotage," Heero reported. "Complete destruction of Lebanon Base--." His deep blue eyes were drawn up and down to the glowing screen swiftly. "Trowa and Wufei were requested."

Quatre's hand on the cooking oil paused, but he started moving again almost instantly.

Trowa's going... And Wufei of course.

"When do we leave?" Trowa asked, sitting down in front of Heero.

Quatre took the bowl of stirred eggs and mix ins.

"How many want omelets?" He asked the stove softly.

"Me!!" Duo declared. "I want two."

"I'll take one, Quatre," Trowa said softly.

"An omelet? Why not," Wufei said thoughtfully.

"Hn."

"Heero wants one too," Duo added. Quatre nodded, and poured. Heero finished with his laptop and stood up to go out. Trowa and Wufei followed, speaking softly. Duo fidgeted, and followed.

"Be right back," he threw over his shoulder, braid accompanying his fleeing figure.

I hope they're careful. He grinned, and poked at the omelet. I always think that, and they always are.

"Quatre."

Quatre turned around in surprise. Trowa was leaning into the kitchen, his hair brushed and with a new (same color) turtleneck on.

"Yeah?"

"You okay?"

"Huh? Yeah fine, why?" I didn't make him worry did I? Worry--?

"No reason...." Before Quatre could comment Trowa ducked back into the hall.

He stared at the vacant doorway. What was that all about? He never asked me if I was all right before.... A huge grin spread across Quatre's fair face. He flipped the sizzling omelet cheerfully, and contemplated its blackened surface, still smiling. This one's for Duo!



The omelets were finished and on the China just as everyone entered. Quatre was more in the mood for buttered toast-- Duo offered to cook it for him... Four pieces of bread were burnt before Quatre took over. As he settled down at the kitchen table beside Trowa, a pleasant chiming bell sounded through out the house. He stood back up and saw Duo moving.

"Race you!" Quatre smiled and took off after the streaking American. Quatre won, and rolled his eyes as Duo complained of a strained hamsring. He opened the door quickly, a greeting smile on his face. Must be one of the Maguanacs--

"QUATRE!!" The voice was even louder than Duo's. Before Quatre could focus on the banshee before him he was wrapped in two long arms, and a warm, wet mouth pressed to his. He was-- dumbfounded, and just stood staring wide-eyed at a familiar pale blonde. A tongue prodded at his lips and he pulled back strongly.

"D-Diane?!" He croaked.

The tall, willowy girl smiled at him seductively. Quatre turned his head to look at Duo for help but Diane grabbed his chin and pulled him back.

"Miss me?" She demanded. Quatre was too shocked to answer, so she began to pout, sticking her bottom lip out. "Quatre," she complained.

"Hey, Q...." Duo's soft voice penetrated the mist of Quatre's horrorified surprise, and he pried the girl's arms off of his neck. I can't believe she found me.

"Diane--," Quatre said forcefully once he could breathe again. Diane tossed her long ice blonde hair over her shoulder and turned around. Quatre's stomach clenched. She had baggage?!?!

"Yes, love?" Her seductive voice wrenched his innards just a little more.

"W-why are you here?" He knew he sounded rude, but this was *Diane*-- his ex-girlfriend-- stressing the *ex*. She'd dumped him for the school's quarterback... That'd been-- what-- two years ago?

"Oh, baby Quatre!! You sound like you don't want me here!"

Quatre winced, and didn't comment. Diane went on.

"I was in the neighborhood, love, so I decided to drop in! Hey, who's the cutie?" She demanded, finally noticing Duo's open mouthed stare. She winked at him, and Quatre could tell he was spooked.

"This is my friend, Duo. Duo, this is Diane.... A friend from school...."

"Just a friend Quatre?" Diane pouted. She offered her hand to Duo, who shook it quickly, and started back towards the kitchen. Don't leave me, he begged the boy silently. Unfortunately Duo wasn't telepathic. Diane began lugging her large suitcase inside the door. She closed it and grabbed Quatre's narrow waist. Her smile was sickeningly sweet, and even as he pulled at her roaming hands she leaned forward for another kiss.

"Quatre?!"

He jerked back violently from Diane, and took several steps back. She shrugged, and came after him. Acting quickly he took her hands in a restraining fashion and turned around. Trowa, Heero, Duo and Wufei were all standing in the hall, staring at him, and the beauty squirming in his white knuckled grip.

"I'd-- like-- you all to meet Diane. She was a friend from school--"

"Oh, Quatre!" Diane squealed, leaning her head on his shoulder. She reeked of too much perfume. "You silly thing. He was my boyfriend, and as far as I'm concerned still is! Always was oh I missed you so much when you left!!" Quatre's face burned as she crooned at him and placed unpleasantly moist kisses all over his cheek. He glanced at Trowa, and met a firey gaze. He looked-- angry--

"Diane," Quatre interrupted firmly. "These are my friends-- Trowa, Heero, and Wufei." Diane giggled and pulled one hand free to wave. They just stared.

"They're *all* cute, Quatre!! Hm, a house full of cuties and just little old me!!" More giggles ensued, setting Quatre's, and no doubt everyone else's teeth further on edge.

"And how long do you intend to stay?" That was Heero asking, in his monotone, more than slightly annoyed voice. Quatre was surprised that he'd spoken-- but he understood why. If she stayed too long she might get in the way of... things...

"Oh, just for a week. I simply must get back home because my personal trainer will just go crazy if I'm without her care for longer than that. Oh Quatre, what a beautiful house!!" Quatre reluctantly released Diane, and she entered the den. He watched her disappear inside and glomped his friends. He grabbed a hold of the nearest person-- Wufei. Eyes wild, he shook the poor boy.

"Good grief why *her*?!?! Of all people *her*!!" He hissed. Wufei pulled away and raised his chin indignantly. Duo grinned cheekily at Quatre.

"Man, you all should have *seen* the lip locking action! She was all over him--" Quatre gagged and would have fallen over but Wufei caught him.

"Quaaaaaatre!!" Diane sang out. Quatre gulped, and steeled himself. She came, and wrapped her arms around his, tugging on him. "Why don't you show me to my room? And you, the one with the totally out of style tank top-- what was it? Hero? Be a sweetling and get my bag for me."

Quatre paled as Heero's cobalt eyes flared. Quatre fully expected a large weapon to appear suddenly in the boys hand and aim straight at Diane's thick head.

"IIIII'll get it," Duo offered, recognizing the look on Heero's face. Duo retrieved the bag, and started towards the stairs. Diane led the way, and Quatre was dragged along for the ride. He risked another glance at Trowa. The boy gave him a bored look, completely unemotional (more so than usual). Quatre frowned lightly, but Diane's persistent tugging had him looking forward again, and trying to be the polite host..... This is going to be a very long week...



Trowa and Wufei left shortly after, and Quatre didn't get to say good-bye-be-careful to either of them. I always say good-bye, he pouted... Diane had held him un-enraptured on the porch off of the den, sipping a chilled soda she'd produced from a menacingly large black purse slung over her shoulder. What could women possibly hold in there, he wondered absently, fiddling with the glass of water he'd opted for. His stomach rumbled softly, and he mourned the lost omelet.

"So, where are your friends? How come they're not being sociable like you Quatre?!" Diane asked, fluttering her eye lashes. It looked like she had something caught in them.

"They're probably upstairs sleeping," Quatre answered dully. "We stayed up late last night."

"Doing what?"

"Watching a movie."

"What movie?"

"I don't remember," he said in exasperation. He saw Diane's hurt look, and sighed. I can't be so rude-- not even to *her*.

"I'm sorry, Diane. I'm tired too. It was 'Return of the Body Snatchers.'"

"Ewww," Diane shuddered delicately. "How awful. I don't know how you can stand to watch those terrible American films."

"It was Duo's idea," Quatre mumbled. The American had found the film extremely humorous, and had ruined it for them all by laughing at all the gory parts. Quatre hadn't liked it much, but it was worth watching if he could sit by Trowa, and watch him....

"Quatre," Diane said sharply. He jumped and blushed. Her eyes narrowed.

"What were *you* thinking about?" She asked.

"Nothing." He stood up. "I apologize, Diane, but I'm a little tired. We can talk more at dinner."

Diane seemed about to object, but thought better of it and nodded. She popped up from the lawn chair and grabbed onto Quatre's hand possessively. "Walk me to my room," she ordered. Quatre was only too glad to oblige.

Declining an invitation to follow Diane into her room, Quatre walked on down the hall, rubbing his aching head. All of her chatter had made him nauseous.

"Hey-ey!!" Duo chirped from Heero's doorway as Quatre passed by. Quatre smiled at Duo, and paused. "Com'ere!" Before he could respond Duo had latched onto his arm and was pulling him into the room. Heero was sitting at the desk, looking at some sort of map. Probably of the Lebanon base where Trowa and Wufei would be in a matter of hours. Trowa.

"So Quatre....," Duo began, seating himself comfortably on a chair and offering another for Quatre. "How come you never told us you had a girlfriend? Long distance nonetheless." Duo's raised eyebrow and twitching lips were too much. Quatre glared, and sat down heavily.

"She is *not* my girlfriend," he grumbled. "She broke up with me a long time ago. For the quarterback," he added with a snort.

Duo grinned and reached over to thump Quatre's shoulder. "No great loss bud, unless of course you actually liked her." Quatre winced at the idea.

"Never. My father, her and her father encouraged it.... I was stuck." He shuddered at the memory of putting up with her for six whole months-- buying her stuffed animals and flowers, taking her out to dinner and listening to her mindless chatter non stop--

"Poor you," Duo declared sympathetically. "Does Trowa know this?"

Quatre blinked.

"Trowa?? W-why would he?" He avoided Duo's gaze, and instead focused on a manga on the bed-- what-- naked-- men?!

Duo lunged and swept the manga off into the space between the bed and table, his face blood red. He laughed it off nervously and continued.

"Well, for starters he looked really upset when I mentioned her tonguing you."

Quatre turned green at the memory, then he gave Duo a hard look.

"Why would he look upset?" He asked cautiously. A sly smile creased Duo's face. He leaned back in the chair slightly and gave Quatre a disbelieving look.

"Are you blind my friend, or just in denial?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about--" Quatre attempted. Wish I did.... Why would Trowa be upset...?

Duo leaned forward again, frowning. "You never notice when he stares at you-- watches your every move-- hangs on every word?? You're the only one he talks to, and I've even seen him *smile* when you walk in the room."

Quatre blinked again. Trowa watches me? Good grief imagine all the stupid things I've probably done and never knew he was looking at me--

"But he talks to Heero-- and every one else too," Quatre argued obstinately. Duo whacked the side of Quatre's head softly.

"He mentions the missions, or he asks where you are. Aaaaaaand," Duo ruffled Quatre's hair playfully and sat back. "I've seen you checkin' Trowa out too..."

Quatre paled. Oh great, they've seen me drooling over Trowa and now let's just say they know the real me--

"Yo, don't do that," Duo said warningly. "It looked like you were gonna pass out. It's okay, Quatre. He likes you too. And if it makes you feel any better, I've got my eyes one *someone* too..." His voice trailed off and he angled his head in the direction of a certain brooding boy at the desk-- Quatre drew a wry smile, and Duo mimicked it. "You'd better tell him as soon as he gets back."

"Tell him what? About Diane?"

"Yeah, her aaaaand...." Duo left the rest to Quatre's imagination.

Quatre's imagination panicked. "But how?!"

Duo stared at him, eyes imploring. "You're completely hopeless Quatre. Just *tell* him." He threw his hands up into the air. "How hard is that?"

Quatre glared at him. "If it's so easy, then why don't you tell that *someone*, too?"

Duo's jaw dropped and a great moment in history passed. The boy was speechless. After a long, quiet moment, Duo grinned sheepishly.

"Got me." Quatre rolled his eyes and stood.

"Thanks for *prying*, Duo," Duo offered a thumbs up and mouthed 'no prob!'. "I'm going to go rest up for dinner. Diane is too..." He heard Duo's groan even as he shut the door behind him, and strode down the hall.

I'll tell Trowa about Diane first. The other part can wait.... His mind began whirling with other thoughts then. If what Duo said was true.... But maybe he's wrong. Maybe Trowa just thinks I'm weird...

He dreamt about Trowa... His fellow Gundam pilot was running from him because he looked like Diane, and the Diane-Quatre was trying to cover him in gross, slobbery kisses.



"Quaaaaaaaaaatre!!"

Quatre bolted up, his eyes wide and wild. If I'm quiet she'll think I'm still asleep or not in here--

His door burst open, and Diane sauntered in, dressed in a loosely flowing yellow sundress that complemented her pale, dainty features.

"Quaaaatre, dinner time!! Where's your chef?" She began walking towards his bed. He leapt up, still half asleep, and stumbled towards her.

"I gave him a few weeks off," he muttered.

Diane snorted and latched onto his arm. "That wasn't very smart, love. So what? Do *you* cook or something?" When Quatre didn't answer, she began screeching.

"*YOU* cook?? Can't you make one of your friends do it?? I wanted to talk about getting back together, Quatre!! Now I'll have to wait while you *cooook*."

Duo appeared out of Heero's room, saw them, and ducked back inside. Immediately he was thrown back out into the hall, and Heero appeared. Quatre sighed as Heero spotted Diane and whirled back inside. Duo followed.

"Well *they're* not very sociable people," Diane sniffed.



"... and after we moved I decided to quit school and get my G.E.D. sometime. I mean, it was such a depressing environment with all of those people in such drab uniforms I couldn't wear my brand new spring wardrobe and it was awful!!"

I'm going insane. Again, Quatre groaned to himself. The soup he'd made was actually quite good, but he just couldn't eat-- not with *that* gobbling into his ear the whole time. He felt sick....

"Quatre are you listening?"

"Yes, Diane. You were talking about your spring wardrobe," he replied wearily. Duo snickered and polished off another bowl. He was sitting at the far end of the table, and looking quite pleased with his position. Heero sat to Duo's left, and there were several seats between them, and Quatre. Unfortunately, Diane was sitting right beside Quatre, half in his lap and getting closer.

"Oh, Quatre! It's so nice to see you again!! You were always my favorite-- with your beautiful blue eyes, and cute little nose."

Quatre felt like gagging. Duo did, and Heero looked ready to.

"Whatever happened to Daniel?" Quatre asked with agitatedly.

Diane's nose scrunched up in confusion. "Who?"

"Daniel Wilson-- the quarterback."

Diane gave him a blank look. He felt annoyed. She forgot about him, why couldn't she forget about me? Then it hit him. Money. She always took me to the most expensive places she could find. I never went anywhere with out cash or a credit card.

"You mean Danny? Oh he went on to college, whatever. Wasn't my type anyway." She shrugged and stirred her soup. Quatre's eyes bulged as she made an awful slurping sound. He began to dry heave, and Duo got up quickly.

"Hey Quatre, I'll help you with the dishes." Heero gave Duo a shocked look, and Quatre rose quickly.

"You do the dishes too!?! Quatre! What on Earth has happened to you?!"

I'm going to strangle her-- wrap my hands around her neck just so she won't talk anymore!!!

Duo grabbed Quatre's arm and pulled him away from Diane.

"Won't do any good to kill her, bud. Her ghost'll probably haunt you," he whispered.

Quatre shivered.

Once reaching the 'safety' of the kitchen and the sink, Quatre began furiously scrubbing the dishes.

"Never seen anyone get under your skin like that before, Q," Duo commented, rinsing the dishes Quatre handed him. There was a dish washer next to the sink... But Duo elected not to point that out...

Quatre shrugged. "Maybe I'm still upset. I liked having a girlfriend a little... She left me with out even a call to say so. I found out when I saw her Frenching Daniel." He finished the last of the silverware, and looked at Duo. "She never Frenched me..." Duo studied the China thoughtfully.

"I know what'cha mean, Q. Couple of girls broke my heart--" He grinned hugely. "But I've discovered they just aren't what I want."

Quatre mirrored his friend's wry grin. "Me either.... But if I told Diane that, she'd probably try to convert me back." He laughed with Duo at such a thought, and both stopped when a strangled sound erupted from the dining room.

"Heero," Duo gasped. He fled back in, followed closely by Quatre.

Heero's head was on the table next to his bowl, spoon slack in his hand. Diane was eating peacefully.

"What'd you do?!" Duo demanded. "Talk him to death?!?!" He lifted Heero's head gently, and looked closely at him. Heero pulled away, and stood up.

"Quatre," Heero growled. "If you don't get rid of her, I will."

Okay, he thought, watching him storm off.

"I don't like him," Diane reported. She'd finished, and was quickly attaching her self to Quatre's arm. "Now, lets go into the den, let that boy Doo pick up my dishes."

"Duo," Quatre answered. "His name is Duo, and he's one of my best friends, Diane." He sighed. "And," he paused to pull away from her and face her fully. "I think you should leave. We were never very close, Diane, you know that. I don't think it will work--"

SMACK

His cheek stung. She'd slapped *him*?!

"How could you say that?!" She fumed. Tears were brimming in her eyes, and Quatre touched his face. I didn't mean to make her cry-- He caught her hand as she tried to slap his other cheek. "You're an awful person!!!" She fled upstairs, sobbing.

"I didn't want to make her cry," Quatre said softly.

"Don't feel too bad, Q." Duo was still in the kitchen, scratching his head thoughtfully. "Last I heard she wasn't too broken up over your *last* falling out."

On cue Diane came storming back into the hallway, tears gone and a furious look on her face.

"Call me a cab, *Quatre*. I'm not staying here a minute longer."

"Of course, Diane," Quatre smiled, and saw her eyes narrow vehemently. She stalked to the front door and exited, heels clacking like mad on the cement walk.

Quatre let out a relieved sigh, and Duo laughed at him.

"Now all we have to worry about is Trowa," Duo whispered. Quatre flushed violently, and moved to punch Duo. He ran, and Quatre picked up the dishes.



They've been gone for two days... Quatre stared out the window, watching the last drizzling rain plop heavily onto the window sill. Heero said they should be back tonight...

"Ha!!! King me!!" Duo whooped. Quatre turned to see that half of his red checkers were piled up beside Duo on the floor.

"I don't have anything to King you with," he declared. Duo eyed the bored carefully.

"Aw. Oh well. So I win?" He looked up with hopeful violet eyes. Quatre nodded, and let out a distressed sigh.

"I just don't know how you can play so well Duo!!" He declared mockingly. Duo glowered, and swept all of the checkers up into the box.

"It's because you're being spacey, Q. Otherwise I would've lost after the first move."

"I know."

Duo snorted, and stood up. "Bet Heero could beat you. But if he didn't he'd probably self destruct-- *after* shooting every checker to pieces."

Quatre paused, listening... The soft humming sound of an engine drifted in past the padding rain outside..... Duo let out a loud 'woohoo' upon recognition and went running. Quatre couldn't resist. He followed at a quick sprint.

The front door opened to admit Wufei. Duo jumped up into the air and landed in Wufei's arms. Trowa entered, and Quatre skidded to a halt flushing red.

"Welcome home!" He grinned, and waved.

"C'mon Quatre! Jump! Jump!" Duo cheered. Wufei dropped him, but he landed on his feet easily.

Quatre couldn't turn any redder so he just suffered.

"Aw, Trowa wouldn't mind-- ahhg--" Quatre caught a hold of Duo's hair somehow and yanked. "Man, you're turning into Heero, except you're not as cute."

Wufei glowered and pushed past Duo, who followed begging for a piggy back ride. Quatre stood nervously before Trowa.

"Did the mission go well?" He began softly. He watched as Trowa brushed past, sending him a breath full of Trowa and light cologne. Quatre swooned, but frowned.

"Trowa," he called.

"I'm going to sleep, Quatre."

His voice is so cold--

"Quatre."

He blinked and focused on Duo sticking his head out into the hall from the den. The look he received was meaningful.

"But what am I supposed to say?" He argued. Duo shrugged, and disappeared.

If... if he *does* l-like me....

The stairs were endless. There were 15, but it seemed like 100, especially as his mind churned with worries, hopes, possible words, possible outcomes...

I want to know if he feels the same-- I'd love to touch him, and not worry about being pushed way. I-- I want to kiss him he blushed and have him kiss me back.... What if it's too soon-- what if it's not even possible-- I can't stand losing him as a friend. He's so important-- they all are and if I lose even one of them-- He didn't want to think about that. I'll just start with explaining about Diane. He's my friend, he deserves to know...

He'd been standing in front of Trowa's closed door for several minutes. He raised a clammy hand, and knocked softly twice.

"Trowa?"

Silence.

He's probably asleep... He backed away, and sighed. "Sweet dreams."

"Quaaaaaaaaatre!!"

He jumped and whirled. Oh no--

Duo laughed wildly, and trotted over to him.

"Figured I'd keep you on your toes."

"Shh," Quatre whispered. "Trowa's asleep."

"Aww bull!" He reached past Quatre and pounded on the door. "Yo Trowa! Tro-wa!!"

Quatre pulled Duo's fist away and frowned at him.

"Even if he isn't asleep, he probably doesn't want to talk."

Duo pulled away easily, and pounded again.

"Trowaaa! Quatre wants to talk to yoouu!"

The door opened suddenly, and Trowa's glaring, handsome face appeared.

"Go away Duo. Quatre."

Quatre smothered a hurt look and stared at the floor.

"I'm sorry Trowa--"

"Well I'm not!! Quatre wants to talk to you and I think you should talk to him." Duo put his hands on his hips determinedly and waited.

"I don't want to talk--"

"Then you're being stupid. You've got things wrong, and Quatre'll set them right-- just taaaaaalk to him!"

"Duo!!"

Quatre looked up miserably to see Heero glaring from down the hall. Duo let out a terrified 'eep', and backed away, then he brightened.

"Tell Trowa to talk to Quatre!" He ordered. Heero approached, and glanced at Trowa boredly.

"Talk to him," said shortly.

"Why should I?" Trowa demanded, using his one visible eye to glare at all of them.

"He's your friend," Heero answered. Duo followed at a skip as Heero retreated into his room.

"So Heero you wanna play some SPEED?!"

"No."

"Aw, come on! The night's young--"

"Omae o korosu."

"You *always* say that!!!"

Quatre smiled faintly, and looked up bravely into Trowa's eyes. They were almost hostile...

"Please, Trowa. Let me explain....

" Trowa turned away, leaving the door open. Quatre took a deep breath, and entered slowly. He closed the door after him, and leaned up against it.

Trowa had disappeared into a darker corner of the shadowed room. Quatre couldn't even guess which corner it was. So he sighed, and began.

"I wanted to explain about Diane. She is *not* my girlfriend-- as far as I'm concerned she never was. She was only here for my money. I'm sorry for not telling you before you left--"

"Why should I care who she is to you?"

The cold voice came from the far corner by the only window, shrouded as darkly as the rest of the room.

"I- I-." He stopped. Duo was wrong.... He felt crushed. He's my friend. That's all I really need.... No it's not... I love him.... "I'm sorry. I- I thought.... " He stopped stuttering abruptly, and opened the door. "Good night, Trowa." His voice faltered, and he ran. All the way back down the stairs, and out the frontdoor. It was starting to drizzle again.

What better weather, he thought darkly, but he didn't go any farther than the front porch. I feel like a broken hearted little girl, and I'm acting like one too... but he sounded like he *hated* me... I didn't want to make him hate me.... I don't know what I wanted-- what I expected...

He sat down heavily on the steps, and put his chin in his palm. His hair was moist from the drizzle, and the soft blue cotton of his shirt was sparkling in the soft outside light.

At least I'm not going to cry, he mused. And sighed shakily. Nevermind. I just think I might.

The door opened behind him. Probably Duo.

"Well Duo," he rumbled, "You were wrong. You were *so* wrong."

"What was he wrong about?"

Quatre flinched. It was Trowa. He calmed the butterflies in his heart and stomach and answered. "Nothing...." An involuntary sigh followed, and he heard shuffling feet. Trowa was standing beside him now, and Quatre stiffened as the lithe pilot lowered his slim frame down. He felt the warmth radiating from Trowa, and wanted to lean into it.... Quatre shook himself mentally and scooted over to make room, hugging his knees close to his chest.

The silence wasn't uncomfortable. It never was, which Quatre had always taken as a good sign between them. He couldn't talk now anyway. His voice might break again, or he might start crying...

"I didn't mean to say that...."

Quatre shrugged.

"You had a right to."

"I do care, Quatre," he went on. Quatre stopped breathing. His heart was thumping so loudly in his ears-- he was worried he'd heard wrong-- He cares...

After a long pause, Quatre heard an unfamiliar sound coming from Trowa. A laugh.

"You looked sick when she was hanging on your arm."

Quatre smiled, and looked over at Trowa. He has a great laugh...

"I was sick." He shuddered in remembrance. "But she's gone now-- good thing too, because if she hadn't left, Heero would have killed her."

Trowa's profile shifted as he smiled, small, slow, and so beautiful. Quatre smiled more, and Trowa turned to him. He's so beautiful-- flawless, and so sweet-- There it was again-- that feeling of wanting to jump for it-- leap into the unknown... At least I can assume he won't kill me--

Quatre moved quickly. He raised his arms and wrapped them around Trowa's neck. The boy stiffened, and Quatre squeezed him gently, resting his head on Trowa's strong shoulder. He's comfortable. He felt like giggling madly, but instead pulled away. Trowa didn't move, so Quatre stood. He wanted to do it again-- very much in fact, but he just stood there, and looked out into the lawn.

"I care too, Trowa," he felt himself whisper. Trowa stood as well. It didn't feel awkward, at least.

"Why'd you do that?"

Quatre grimaced, and rubbed his neck shyly.

"You're my friend. And I've lived with 28 women who love to hug... I guess some of it rubbed off on me." He laughed softly, and folded his arms across his chest.

"No," Trowa whispered. "Why did you pull away?"

Quatre looked up at his face sharply. What--

"I didn't think you wanted to be hugged, Trowa--"

He was smiling again. Quatre flushed.

"What would you do if I wanted to be hugged, Quatre?"

Quatre blinked. What would I do?

Jump.

"And kissed....." Trowa was leaning over.

Jump.....

Quatre smiled as he felt Trowa's cool, soft lips on his.

Jump.




::Dislclaimer:: Don't know enough about GW to have anything in here correct. The boyzz are not mine, Gundam Wing is not mine. If you use my 'idea', um, tell me? I wanna seeee.


::Contact:: If you *must*, contact me at silvernyanko@yahoo.com.